Monday, May 16, 2011

I feel like chicken tonight

I love cooking, but some days I am looking for something easy to make. This recipe is not only easy, it is yummy.

Let's get started.



Here are the 5 ingredents you will need. Yes you heard correct. Only 5 ingredients.

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 14.5 can of tomato sauce
Soft taco shells or tortillas
Sharp cheddar cheese

First you need to boil the chicken breast. I put the chicken in a medium size pot and add enough water to just cover it. Boil until no longer pink in the middle.



Maybe it's just me, but boiled chicken just looks gross.



Shred the chicken. I like to use two forks. Better yet, I like to make Babe do it.



Now lets make the enchilada sauce. Take your can of tomato sauce and mix it with 1 tablespoon of chili powder.



I like to mix it right in the can. One less dish I have to wash later.



Now take some of the enchilada sauce and mix it in with your shredded chicken. Just enough to coat it. Reserve the rest of the enchilada sauce. We will give it a great home later.



Now take one of your tortilla or soft taco shells and fill it with some of the shredded chicken mixture. This part you have to guesstimate. We are making enchiladas, not burritos, so don't use to much.



Roll the tortilla over. No need to fold in the ends.



Repeat until you fill a pan. When you place them in the pan make sure to put them seam side down. That way you don't have to worry about them unrolling. I am using a 13 x 9 Pampered Chef Rectangular Baker dish. Only $38.50 and worth every penny. Did you like my plug. I would not talk about this pan if I was not super in love with it.

Moving forward.



Now pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. It has found its home.



Spread the sauce all over. You don't want to leave any enchiladas out of being coated. That would just be unfair.



Sprinkle with cheese. I know I told you sharp cheddar, but I didn't have enough so I had to mix mozzarella with cheddar. I used 2% milk cheese too. My cholesterol could use the help.



Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese is melted. Babe likes the cheese to be a little brown and crispy. Gotta please the husband. The choice is yours.



Mmmmm. Chicken Enchiladas with a dollop of low fat, cholesterol loving, sour cream.

This recipe has been brought to you by Elaine. My wonderful, awesome of a cook, mother n law.

Enjoy.

Love, Create and Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment