Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I am running?

I have started a new venture. Running. Actually, I think the new venture is more like getting healthy. I am 34 years old. I have scoliosis. As I get older I am really starting to feel the affects of that. Way more then I want to. Way more then I like to admit. Recently my monthly "maintenance" visits to the chiropractor have started to include a 30 minute massage and sometimes I am not sure I can make it to my next appointment. Jeez. I really sound pathetic. Well no more. I am putting my foot down! Taking charge! Controlling the situation. Whatever you want to call it.

In my quest to take control I jumped in head first with exercising. Can I just tell you that if you have not exercised in a while this is not the thing to do. TRUST ME! I  have a new ice pack, heating pack and a giant size bottle of Advil that I picked up from Costco to prove it. Maybe this has something to do with the scoliosis that I have the great misfortune of having and maybe not. But I don't recommend it.

In steps my iPod. My quest started by looking for some music that is up beat and makes me want to move. I came across PODRUNNER Intervals. It is a podcast. There are 4 total, but I choose First day to 5k. You can check it out here. I am on week 2. I actually just got back from my 1st run on week 2. I am feeling pretty good. I haven't had to take an Advil, so in my book that is great! I walk/run around my neighborhood. I find that if I zig zag through the streets instead of going on a straight path it makes it easier. I guess it is because I can't actually see how far I am going. I go up on block and then over one. Up 2 and over 3. I change it up each time. Not only for my sanity, but for my safety too. You know, change up your routine so if someone is watching you. I know, I know, totally not something you want to think of, but when you live where I live and have family that are in law enforcement you tend to be extra cautious.

I weighed myself today when I got back from my ralk (run and walk combined) just trying to save key strokes. Back to weighing my self. I weighed my self on the Wii. I am at 143. My goal is to be at my ideal weight of 130. To be honest I am not even sure that I really care about the weight. I have in the past but as I get older that number just doesn't seem to be that important to me any more. I want to be able to go a week without back pain. I want to be able to run around with my kids or play sports with them with out being totally out of breath. I want to be able to stay on my once a month visits to the chiropractor. I want to be able to live. Have you ever heard the saying "Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"? Well that is how I feel. I am just going through the motions of life and I want to change that.

This is just my first step to a new and improved life. I need to eat better too. That is going to be easier said then done. I love, love, love food. I love cooking food. I love eating food. I am getting hungry just typing about it. I did buy a new cookbook. Cooking Light has a cook book out called Fresh Food Fast. It is 5 ingredient, 15 minute recipes. I have made a few things out of this book so far and am loving it. I will post some recipes from it as I make them. Just because I love you guys.

In designing news..... I am working on a new kit with the fabulous Aly of Truman Studios. We are celebrating her birthday this month at Digiridoo Scraps. She is the designer in the spotlight and she has some great things planned.



Yep this is tomorrow. You have to come chat with us. It will be super fun and Aly has some super awesome products to give away. You don't want to miss it.

Until then,

Love, Create and Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment