Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh Project 52, how do I love thee.

I have nothing to release this week. I guess with Valentine's Day, kids being out of school and hubby coming home from being gone all week, it made it nearly impossible to get a kit done in time. The good news about that is, now I can show you what I have done on my Project 52. Never heard of Project 52, let me tell you a little bit about it. Basically, you take a picture every day. Then you scrapbook all the pictures for the week on 1 page. The pictures don't have to be perfect. Nor do they have to be of anything major. Just life. Which can actually pretty interesting if you think about it. Interesting isn't just a trip to a theme park or a big birthday celebration. It can be anything. As you will see with my Project 52.

I got turned on to P52 toward the end of last year. I know several people that do P365. I can not do P365. I just don't have the time or the patients or the discipline. That is when some one suggested P52 instead. This I can do. 52 layouts instead of 365. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Plus, my grandmother had fallen ill and visiting her in the hospital gave me time to have chats with her. I didn't realize just how many things I never knew about her or that side of my family. I got to look at photo albums that are almost 100 years old. See pictures of my Great Grandfather when he was my age. There was one problem with these photo albums. Not only were they falling apart, they had no information in them. No names. For the most part no dates, no locations, nothing. The only information we had about the pictures was the information my grandmother could remember. Sadly I lost my grandma on December 5th. So I told myself that from that point forward I was going to document as much as possible. I want to be able to look back at my scrap books and be taken back to that day and time. My 13 year old sits and plays video games all day long, my dog loves to dig holes, my DH loves palm trees and has been growing them from a seed, I love to drink Starbucks.  I want to take that journey back in time when I am 65 or older. I want to be able to show my grand kids what their daddy was like as a kid. All of this stuff is important to me.

Here is my journey so far.





Now I must tell you that I have missed a few days. But you know what, that's okay. That is no reason to give up. I just added a little flair to the page in the spot where the missing picture would go or just left that day out all together. Don't let perfectionism keep you have documenting all of these awesome memories. Trust me I know it is hard not to, but the memory is more important than the page being 100% perfect.

You will thank me for it later ;)

Think it is to late to start Project 365/52? Well it isn't! There is no rule or Project 365/52 god out there that says you can't start now and go 52 weeks or 365 days from today's date. You know I am right. Start today.

Polka Dot Plum also has a spot in their forum for you to post your layouts and chat about P365/52. You can look at other peoples layouts and get ideas. It is fun. Trust me. 

I linked all of the layouts so you could see what products I used, plus you can leave me some Layout Love, please.

Love, Create and Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment