Saturday, February 26, 2011

An Experiment

The other day I posted a silly comment on my Facebook page. "If  I could get 1000 people to contribute $1.00 I could buy a laptop. I'm just saying." It got me thinking. Why can't we all help each other with just $1.00 a day. Think about it for a minute. Little Jimmy wants and needs a new bike. Mom can't come up with the money. How hard would it be for 100 people to donate just $1.00. In a matter of days Jimmy could be riding a new bike. All it cost you was $1.00. Wouldn't that feel great knowing that you just help make Jimmy's day. He will have the memory of his new bike for a life time.

I know that me wanting a laptop is totally different than Jimmy wanting a bike. The cost for one. The fact that I am an adult and Jimmy is not. But, just like Jimmy I really really really want a laptop. The memory that I will have from getting the laptop will last a lifetime just like it will for Jimmy, and I just really really want a laptop. With that being said, I have put a donate button on my blog. See it over there on the right hand side. Scroll down a little bit. There it is. If you click that button you can donate to my "Laptop Fund". Thank you Paypal. I plan on donating to it myself. Every time I walk into Target and pass by Starbucks and not get a double Talle, upside down, Carmel Machiato with soy I am going to "donate" $3.95 to myself. When I don't feel like cooking and want to tell everyone to hope in the car so we can go to Chili's to eat and don't I am going to donate $10.00 to myself. It is going to be my virtual envelope system. Don't know what that is? You can read about it here. Plus get a free template to start your very own envelope system going. I started this about 3 months ago and I have to say it has definitely been interesting and liberating. I totally recommend this system to everyone. 

I even made a little money tracker thingy.



I will make it a home on the side bar.

As always,

Love, Create and Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment