Monday, June 6, 2011

Time to cook

In my quest to get healthy I purchased a new cook book. So far I am very pleased with this book. It has a picture for every recipe. Which I love.



Today's recipe is for Chicken Salad with Roasted Peppers


Don't you love all the little pink tabs sticking out of the sides. Those are all recipes I want to try. See I told you this book was good.

Here is your cast of characters.


In the bowl.

All mixed up.

Nestled safely in a whole wheat pita.


It was totally yummy.

Here is the recipe

2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pounds)
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

CAL 280 (43% from fat) FAT 13g

Love, Create and Be Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment